Australian innovators with an eye on $60,000 worth of Innovation Awards, Grants and Scholarships have until 30 November to submit an entry for the Avalon 2019 Innovation Awards.
After judging by an expert panel the Avalon 2019 Innovation Awards will be presented as part of the Australian International Airshow and Aerospace & Defence Exposition, 26 February – 3 March 2019.
Six awards will be presented in total for the following categories:
- AVALON 2019 National Civil Innovation Award
- AVALON 2019 National Defence Innovation Award
- AVALON 2019 Civil SME Innovation Grant
- AVALON 2019 Defence SME Innovation Grant
- AVALON 2019 Young Civil Innovator Award
- AVALON 2019 Young Defence Innovator Award
The organisers also strongly encourage entries in the following sub-categories, in which the judges may present additional prizes at their discretion:
- Space Operations and Technology – anything relating to space technology and operations, from launchers and payloads to ground stations and control systems.
- Autonomous and Unmanned Systems and ISR – anything from hand-held to HALE UAVs, Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance equipment and payloads, advanced ground stations, autonomous systems and robotic ground vehicles.
- Training – anything from elementary flight training through vocational training of LAMEs and air traffic controllers, to professional engineering training and education.
- Aeronautics – anything relating to aircraft, helicopter and missile Structures, Propulsion, Role Equipment and Flight Control, including counter-drone technologies.
The awards are open to Australian companies or the Australian subsidiaries of overseas parent companies. The innovation could be a new product or service to a new approach to business. Entries will be judged on originality and their understanding of user needs.